MS Relapse Toolkit
Helpful tools for understanding MS relapses, learning about treatments, and preparing for these unexpected flare-ups in disease activity
Written by: Aaron Boster, MD and Jacqueline A. Nicholas, MD, MPH
Reviewed by: Barry A. Hendin, MD, MSAA Chief Medical Officer
Edited by: Jack Burks, MD; Susan Courtney; and Lauren Hooper
Table of Contents
- What is an MS relapse?
- What is a “pseudoexacerbation”?
- What are the common symptoms of an MS relapse?
- Is this a relapse or a pseudoexacerbation?
- Questions to ask when developing a plan with your healthcare team
- Medical Team Information
- Contact information for your support team of family and friends
- Medication List
- What should you tell your doctor when you call?
- What should you expect when you see your neurologist?
- Treatment Options
- In what other ways can you plan in advance for a relapse?
- MS Relapse Crossword Puzzle