Is this a relapse or a pseudoexacerbation?
You should call your neurologist or healthcare team about the possibility
of a relapse when the following criteria are met:
- The new or recurring symptom(s) has been present for at least 24 hours
- If it’s been less than 24 hours, but your symptoms are severe and could affect your health or safety
- You do not have a fever or any other signs of infection, e.g., a urinary tract infection
- Your body is not overheated, which may result from the temperature around you, exercise, etc.
- You didn’t overexert yourself today and do too much
- You aren’t having an unusually stressful day
It’s important to note that you should not dismiss symptoms simply because you feel that you may have been under significant stress.