Is this a relapse or a pseudoexacerbation?
You should call your neurologist or healthcare team about the possibility
of a relapse when the following criteria are met:
- The new or recurring symptom(s) has been present for at least 24 to 48 hours
- If it’s been less than 24 hours but your symptoms are severe and could affect your health or safety
- You do not have a fever or any other signs of infection, e.g., a urinary tract infection
- Your body is not overheated, which may result from the temperature around you, exercise, etc.
- You didn’t overexert yourself today and do too much
- You aren’t having an unusually stressful day
It’s important to note that you should not dismiss symptoms simply because you feel that you may have been under significant stress as of late.