Get Involved FAQ
What is the difference between MSAA Special Events and a Do-It-Yourself Fundraiser?
An MSAA special event is an event that MSAA organizes, such as Improving Lives Through Art and our Improving Lives Benefit. A “DIY Fundraiser” is an event that benefits MSAA that is organized by a volunteer. MSAA is not involved in organizing a “DIY Fundraiser” but will provide support for fundraising strategies, promotion, and ideas.
Once I sign-up, do I automatically start organizing my event?
Yes, once you have signed up, you can begin organizing your fundraiser! Someone from the events team at MSAA will be in touch to provide materials to help you strategize your fundraiser, but you can begin customizing your page and raising funds.
I’d like to hold an event, but I don’t know where to start.
Visit our DIY fundraising page, choose your fundraising occasion, and you’re halfway there! If you need help brainstorming fundraising ideas and strategies, please contact DonorRelations@mymsaa.org or (800) 532-7667, ext. 172
How can MSAA help me promote my event?
If you would like to strategize the promotion of your DIY fundraiser, please contact DonorRelations@mymsaa.org or (800) 532-7667, ext. 172.
Who can volunteer with MSAA?
Volunteer positions are open to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, or condition of disability.
Is there an age requirement to be able to volunteer?
MSAA does not have an age requirement for most of our volunteer opportunities. Please contact us for additional information.
Can I volunteer with MSAA to fulfill my community service requirements?
MSAA accepts all volunteers, including those who wish to complete required community service hours for school, clubs/organizations, and personal enrichment. MSAA does not accept volunteers who have been court-ordered, without permission from the respective parole officer and/or judge. All court-ordered volunteers are responsible for directing their officer to contact email@example.com or (800) 532-7667, ext. 172, to ensure our volunteer opportunities are acceptable to fulfill your court-ordered requirements.
Submit your best work! Each year, MSAA’s Annual Art Showcase celebrates the work of artists affected by MS. Submissions for the Art Showcase will be accepted between October and December each year.
- To enter, you must have a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis and provide a copy of a doctor’s verification of your diagnosis.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Your submission is not complete until we have received your signed Release Form. This can be completed online or printed and mailed to the following address by the deadline: MSAA Art Showcase, 375 Kings Highway North, Suite B, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Medium and Specifications:
- We welcome paintings in oil, watercolor, and acrylic, as well as pastels and drawings in pencil and ink. We also accept digital artwork including graphic design and photography.
- Only two-dimensional artwork will be accepted. Sculpture, pottery, fabric, and other types of three-dimensional artwork cannot be accepted.
- Please note that any inappropriate artwork that is submitted will not be included in the Showcase.
How to Submit Your Artwork:
- During the designated submission period, complete the online registration form, release form, and review the contest rules before submitting your work.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Attach a letter from your doctor confirming your MS diagnosis.
- Please include your name, city and state, and a short (150 words or less) biographical statement that speaks to your interest in art and includes how MS affects or has affected your interest or work methods.
- Attach an electronic copy of up to three (3) pieces of your artwork to your email. For each artwork submitted, please include the medium and entry title.
- Each submitted image file should be at least 1 megabyte (MB) – with 300dpi resolution if possible – and no larger than 10 megabytes (MB), with 4 megabytes (MB) as the preferred size. Please note that we are not accepting any mailed artwork this year.