MRI Access Fund
What is the MSAA MRI Access Fund?
The MSAA MRI Access Fund assists with the payment of cranial (brain) and c-spine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans for qualified individuals who have no medical insurance or cannot afford their insurance costs and require the exam to help determine a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis or evaluate current MS disease progression.
What is offered under the program?
For qualified individuals who have MS or suspected of an MS diagnosis, MSAA will provide financial assistance with:
A. New MRIs: For people in need of new cranial and/or c-spine MRIs, MSAA will:
- Refer you to an imaging center that is under contract with MSAA. This applies to people who have no insurance or cannot afford their insurance costs. MSAA will cover the cost of a cranial (brain) MRI, c-spine MRI, or both; and will pay the imaging center directly.
- Cover the cost of your medical insurance co-pay or co-insurance balance up to a maximum of $600 per MRI (cranial and/or c-spine). MSAA will pay the billing facility directly. You will be responsible for costs exceeding $600 per MRI.
B. Payment For Past MRIs: For people who have had a cranial and/or c-spine MRI with a date of service from July 1, 2019 to present, MSAA will pay the remaining costs up to a maximum of $600 per MRI. MSAA will pay the billing facility directly. We do not reimburse individuals. You will be responsible for costs exceeding $600 per MRI.
Important Note: Clients seeking Payment For Past MRIs from MSAA must apply to the MRI Access Fund and meet eligibility requirements.
How do I qualify?
To qualify for the MRI Access Fund you must:
- Meet Income Eligibility or Indicate a Financial Need due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have a confirmed MS diagnosis or seeking an MS diagnosis
- Have not received MSAA MRI assistance within the past 24 months
- Complete the application in full, sign and return all required information to MSAA
- Avoid scheduling any new MRI appointments until directed by MSAA
To Apply Online
Please select one option below:
NEW (looking to schedule a NEW MRI exam) or PAST (seeking payment for a PAST MRI exam)
To Complete a Paper Application
Please follow these steps:
Step 1. Download the updated MSAA MRI Access Fund application.
Step 2: Please complete the forms, print, and sign.
Step 3: Please place the signed forms, along with required documentation, in an envelope and mail to:
Attn: MRI Access Fund
375 Kings Highway North
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Applications can also be faxed to MSAA at 856-488-8257. For questions or to request a mailed copy of the MRI Access Fund application, please call MSAA at (800) 532-7667, ext. 120.
Aplicación en español disponible
The MRI Access Fund is made possible with support from Biogen and Sanofi Genzyme.