MRI Access Fund
What is the MSAA MRI Access Fund?
The MSAA MRI Access Fund assists with the payment of cranial (brain) and c-spine magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans for qualified individuals who have no medical insurance or cannot afford their insurance costs and require the exam to help determine a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis or evaluate current MS disease progression.
What is offered under the program?
For qualified individuals who have MS or suspected of an MS diagnosis, MSAA will provide financial assistance with:
A. New MRIs: For people in need of new cranial and/or c-spine MRIs, MSAA will:
- Refer you to an imaging center that is under contract with MSAA. This applies to people who have no insurance or cannot afford their insurance costs. MSAA will cover the cost of a cranial (brain) MRI, c-spine MRI, or both; and will pay the imaging center directly.
- Cover the cost of your medical insurance co-pay or co-insurance balance up to a maximum of $600 per MRI (cranial and/or c-spine). MSAA will pay the billing facility directly. You will be responsible for costs exceeding $600 per MRI.
B. Payment For Past MRIs: For people who have had a cranial and/or c-spine MRI with a date of service from July 1, 2019 to present, MSAA will pay the remaining costs up to a maximum of $600 per MRI. MSAA will pay the billing facility directly. We do not reimburse individuals. You will be responsible for costs exceeding $600 per MRI.
Important Note: Clients seeking Payment For Past MRIs from MSAA must apply to the MRI Access Fund, provide all required documents and meet income eligibility requirements.
How do I qualify?
To qualify for the MRI Access Fund you must:
- Have a confirmed diagnosis of multiple sclerosis or the suspicion of having multiple sclerosis by a qualified healthcare professional
- Not have received MSAA financial assistance for an MRI within the past 24-month period
- Complete the application in full and return all required information to MSAA. Incomplete applications will be held until all information, documents and signatures are provided
- Comply with program requirements such as scheduling an MRI appointment when directed, going to the MSAA-referred imaging center, submitting bills in a timely manner, etc.
- Meet income eligibility guidelines & SEND PROOF OF INCOME. Applies to all applicants.
Step 1. Download the updated 2019 MSAA MRI Access Fund application.
Step 2: Please complete the forms, print, and sign.
Step 3: Please place the signed forms, along with required documentation, in an envelope and mail to:
Attn: MRI Access Fund
375 Kings Highway North
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Applications can also be faxed to MSAA at 856-488-8257. For questions or to request a mailed copy of the MRI Access Fund application, please call MSAA at (800) 532-7667, ext. 120.
The MRI Access Fund is made possible with support from Biogen and Sanofi Genzyme.