Who We Are
MSAA’s Mission and Overview
MSAA… Improving Lives Today!
The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) is a leading resource for the entire MS community, improving lives today through vital services and support.
MSAA is a national, nonprofit organization founded in 1970. Our organization is dedicated to improving lives today through ongoing support and direct services to individuals with MS, their families, and their care partners.
Overseeing MSAA’s activities is a national Board of Directors comprised of accomplished professionals from across the country, volunteering their time for MSAA. Our Chief Medical Officer reviews the organization’s medical information and collaborates with MSAA’s Healthcare Advisory Council. This council consists of medical professionals who specialize in MS and are affiliated with top medical facilities and universities from around the country.
MSAA has achieved Platinum Level status with GuideStar, a national nonprofit agency that gathers, organizes, and distributes information about charities within the United States. Platinum is the highest level of recognition offered by GuideStar. MSAA is also a member of America’s Charities as well as a founding member of the Multiple Sclerosis Coalition (MSC), a collaborative national network of independent MS organizations.
MSAA’s Programs and Services
MSAA’s free programs and services improve lives. These include:
- Helpline and online chat with MSAA’s trained specialists
- Safety and mobility equipment products
- Cooling vests and accessories for heat-sensitive individuals
- In-person educational programs led by top healthcare professionals, providing vital information and insight
- MRI Access Fund for qualified individuals who are uninsured, under-insured, or financially unable to pay for an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) to help determine a diagnosis of MS or evaluate disease progression
- Award-winning educational videos, webinars, and publications, including MSAA’s magazine, The Motivator
- My MSAA Community peer-to-peer online forum
- MS Conversations blog featuring timely discussions and topics relevant to the MS community
- Podcast episodes covering a range of topics
- Lending Library
MSAA also offers tools to help manage the ever-changing course of multiple sclerosis. These tools are part of our Shared-Management philosophy, involving education, training, and use of technology to promote healthy outcomes. Shared Management is a concept whereby both the patient and healthcare providers work together to achieve the best possible health outcomes for the patient. MSAA’s Shared-Management tools include our S.E.A.R.C.H.™ program to assist the MS community with learning about different treatment choices; a mobile phone app, My MS Manager™ to help manage and track disease activity; and a resource database, My MS Resource Locator®.
Please be sure to visit the many sections of our website to learn more about multiple sclerosis, understand how our organization serves as a leading resource for the MS community, and find out how you can be a part of our important mission of Improving Lives Today!