Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month 2018
March is Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month, and MSAA is proud to support this national campaign with educational activities and events throughout the country. MSAA has focused 2018’s awareness campaign on Understanding MS Progression, with specific topics addressing MS relapse management, brain preservation and cognition in MS, and healthy living with primary-progressive MS (PPMS).
Please join us in the following MS Awareness activities scheduled during March:
MS Relapse Management
- MSAA and Annette Okai, MD held a live “Ask Me Anything” event with a special focus on MS relapses on Monday, March 12, 2018 from 6:00 – 7:00 pm Eastern. This online event was hosted on My MSAA Community, MSAA’s peer-to-peer forum. To read a transcript of the archived discussion, please visit My MSAA Community.
- MSAA’s free Live Webinar, “Helpful Tools for MS Relapse Management” was held on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 from 8:00 – 9:00 pm Eastern and featured Elizabeth Crabtree-Hartman, MD. To watch an archived video of the webinar, please visit our MSi Video Library.
- Be sure to download MSAA’s MS Relapse Toolkit.
- For additional information on relapse management, check out MSAA’s online MS Relapse Resource Center.
The Importance of Brain Preservation and Cognition in MS
- Attend a free in-person educational program to learn more about this important topic. Please see our Calendar of Events page for more details.
- Take our MS and the Brain Survey, and look out for the results which will be presented the week of March 19th.
- Join MSAA and Rohit Bakshi, MD, FAAN for a live “Ask Me Anything” event dedicated to this key issue on Monday, March 19, 2018 from 6:00 – 7:00 pm Eastern. This online event will be hosted on MSAA’s Facebook page so please follow @MSassociation on Facebook and tune in for the AMA on March 19, 2018 at 6:00 pm Eastern.
Healthy Living with Primary-Progressive MS
- Attend a free in-person educational program to learn more about primary-progressive MS. Please see our Calendar of Events page for more details.
- Join MSAA and Steven Bromley, MD for a live “Ask Me Anything” event exploring primary-progressive MS on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 from 6:00 – 7:00 pm Eastern. This online event will be hosted on MSAA’s Facebook page so please follow @MSassociation on Facebook and tune in for the AMA on March 27, 2018 at 6:00 pm Eastern.
MSAA’s 2018 MS Awareness Understanding MS Progression campaign is supported through educational grants from Celgene, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, and Genentech.
Please make a donation today — your support allows us to continue to help more people in more places with our vital programs!
Other Awareness Month Links
- MS Awareness Month Badge
- Press Release from MSAA
- Art Showcase 2018 – Enjoy new submissions from artists with MS, including our latest Artist of the Month
- MS Conversations blog – Read new posts from MSAA and our guest bloggers during MS Awareness Month
- My MSAA Community – Join our growing online community platform and share your own story about MS during March
Learn more about the stories behind the MSAA clients featured in our Changing Lives Monday to Sunday video.