Art Showcase Rules
Submissions for MSAA’s 2024-2025 Art Showcase will no longer be accepted. Please stay tuned for details regarding MSAA’s 2025-2026 Art Showcase submission period.
Every year, MSAA requests submissions of artwork from visual artists who have multiple sclerosis. Artists will be nationally recognized through MSAA’s Art Showcase program. MSAA will retain rights to use reproductions of the submitted art in various contexts for its constituents.
MSAA’s Art Showcase Rules:
The MSAA Art Showcase honors all people who share their art and thanks the artists for taking the time to share their creative work with us. The following are the rules for entering the Showcase:
- To enter the Showcase, you must have a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. You will need to include a copy of a doctor’s verification of your MS diagnosis. If you have not previously participated in MSAA’s Art Showcase, a copy of your MS diagnosis verification will need to be submitted. If you are a returning artist, please disregard this step.
- The Showcase is open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Participants should not be subject to any agreement that would interfere with their ability to enter this Showcase or assign all rights to be assigned hereunder. This Showcase is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
- Your submission is not complete until we have received your signed Release Form. Release forms will be available digitally or may be downloaded, printed, and emailed for submission. In addition to your release form, we request a short biographical statement (150 words or less) that speaks to your interest in art.
- You are able to submit up to three (3) pieces of your artwork. The Showcase accepts artwork in the following media:
- Paintings in oil, watercolor, acrylics, tempera, or gouache
- Drawings in pencil, pen & ink, chalk, crayon, pastels, charcoal, digital, or other drawing media
- Graphic design; and photography
- Three-dimensional art (sculpture, mobiles, etc.) are not eligible.
- Artwork may not, as determined by MSAA, contain obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Portrait photography cannot be accepted. Any inappropriate artwork that is submitted will not be included in the Showcase.
- All artwork must be submitted digitally. Image(s) should be at least 1 megabyte (MB) — with 300 dpi resolution if possible — and no larger than 10 megabytes (MB), with 4 megabytes (MB) as the preferred size. Please note that we are not accepting any mailed artwork this year.
- Include the title and medium for each work submitted.
- This is an electronic showcase of all art submitted.
- MSAA reserves the right to use the submitted artwork and the artists’ biographical statements at its discretion in printed and digital material including MSAA publications, cards and calendars, social media, email marketing, and exhibitions that pertain to the Art Showcase or other expressions of creative ability by artists who live with MS, as well as in other matters that advance MSAA’s mission.